Home » History of the Park » Reference Maps

Reference Maps

Jennings composite

A cut-out from a larger map in the 1933 book Greens Farms, by George Penfield Jennings. It is a composite in which different time periods coexist.

The controversial creeks

This page has two maps that show Gallop’s Gap Creek and New Creek. One is from a 1868 map of Westport.

1932 properties map

This map, commissioned by the Sherwood Island Park Association, shows the parcels owned by the State as well as all of the other properties that had to be acquired to create Sherwood Island State Park.

1931 Bridgeport Herald map

From an article titled “Sherwood Island War to Open with a Bang, it shows shows the situation before the 1931 Westport town meeting.